Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Upstairs, downstairs and in my lady's chamber

Today is one of those days. The baby is sick, mama's running short on sleep, and yet somehow I still maintain the delusion that things should be "on schedule".

Earlier this afternoon I was thinking, "It's like pulling teeth trying to get "school work" done around here. And where is my eldest? Why, she's lying on the couch READING SHAKESPEARE! (OK, so it's a 'stories from', not the Bard's original English, but STILL.) Doesn't she realize she should be "doing" history? Or math? What kind of homeschool is this, anyway?!"
And now she's building a house out of math manipulative blocks, ds is at a friend's house playing lego, and 3yo is wandering around (mumbling, "upstairs and downstairs and in my lady's chamber") looking for something to get into. Time to go get her making dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment